Job Opportunities at Institute of Chemistry, the Chinese Academy of Sciences
Institute of Chemistry, the Chinese Academy of Sciences (ICCAS, URL: www.ic.cas.cn) which was founded in 1956 is a multi-disciplinary research institute dedicated to the basic research as well as the strategic technologies in the broad fields of chemical science.
● ICCAS is a platform for multidisciplinary research. The research areas at ICCAS cover all sub-fields of Chemical Science including Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry and Physics. The current research topics at ICCAS are focused on molecular and nano-sciences, organic and polymeric materials, chemical biology, green and energy chemistry, and theoretical and computational chemistry. ICCAS possesses one National Laboratory, three State Key Laboratories, eight CAS Key Laboratories, and one CAS engineering center. You can discuss, interact, and cooperate with research scientists from all disciplines within ICCAS.
● ICCAS is a center for international cooperation in chemistry and related fields. ICCAS is located at the core zone of Zhongguancun, the Science and Technology center of Beijing city. ICCAS has continuously paid efforts to international exchanges and collaborations for long time in order to enhance the research level and international visibility. Together with Chinese Chemical Society (CCS), ICCAS have organized series of international conferences and symposia. ICCAS has also established close links and collaborations with American Chemical Society (ACS) and Royal Society of Chemistry(RSC). ICCAS have established collaborations with the universities and institutions from USA, Germany, Japan, France, UK and Australia.
● ICCAS possesses good infrastructure and instrumentation. After construction and development for many years, ICCAS has become a modern research institute. The National Mass Spectroscopy center and the Beijing NMR center are located at ICCAS. The advanced physico-chemical analysis center is open to all researcher of ICCAS. ICCAS has also established the special research platforms for Molecular Devices, Polymer Science and Materials, and Molecular imaging.
● ICCAS has become a base for innovative talents. ICCAS currently has 617 employees, including 14 Academicians of CAS, 5 Academicians of TWAS, 64 winners of the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars, 62 awardees of the Thousand Talents Program and CAS Hundred Talents Program, and 10 awardees of Innovative Team of the NSFC.
ICCAS aims to become a world-class research institute and welcomes more talented scientists and young scholars to join the institute.
You can join us through the following long-term or short-term programs:
● Long-term programs:
1. Thousand Talents Program(http://www.1000plan.org/en/)
2. CAS Pioneer Hundred Talents Program(http://www.pe.cas.cn/zcgz/rcc_zcgz/rcjh/rcyj/201506/t20150603_4368181.html)
3. ICCAS Overseas Outstanding Young Talents Program
● Short-term programs:
Distinguished Scientists, Visiting Scientists, Postdoctoral Researchers, and PhD Students (http://english.bic.cas.cn/AF/Fe)
ICCAS will provide supports to the talented scientists and young scholars from the following aspects:
1. ICCAS will help the talented scientists and young scholars to establish research groups by hiring research assistants, postdoctoral researchers and graduate students.
2. ICCAS will provide special scientific funds after evaluation.
3. ICCAS will offer competitive salaries, nice temporary apartments and special housing allowances.
The following documents need to be submitted for applications:
1. A curriculum vitae including education and work experiences, a list of publications, research achievements, future research interests and plans, and contact information
2. Three letters of recommendation, sent directly to ICCAS by references
3. Full copies of three representative papers
4. Copies of certificates of employment and doctoral degree
5. Other documents if necessary
If you have any questions with regard to the applications, you can contact:
Mr. Bing Yi
Division of Human Resources, ICCAS
No.2 North First Street
Zhongguancun, Beijing, 100190, P. R. China